Porta Albana

Porta Albana was built by the will of Cardinal Giovanni Girolamo Albani, the Governor of Bagnoregio, and designed by the Orvieto architect Ippolito Scalza. It was inaugurated in 1589.

In 1906, the gate was moved about 10 meters to the west, providing more space for the adjacent Largo di Porta Albana. On the back wall, there is a marble epigraph in memory of this project.

4°C
Broken clouds
19-04-2024 05:36
Our sponsors
Hey! c'è un posto libero qui!

Vuoi sponsorizzare la tua attività sul nostro sito? Contattaci!

Patronage of the Municipality of Bagnoregio
Partnership with
Follow Us

Copyright © Civita di Bagnoregio. All Rights Reserved. Privacy policy

Designed by GoTo Develop