The small temple of Saint Bonaventure

Originally dedicated to Saint Angelo, was acquired in 1632 by the Venerable Company of Saint Bonaventure, and from that moment on, it was called by the name we know today.

Despite being quite deteriorated, it remained abandoned until 1856, when Monsignor Brinciotti presented to the Venerable Company the project drafted by the architect-painter Pietro Gagliardi, and in that same year, the cornerstone was laid.

Inside, one can admire two finely crafted altar pieces: the fresco on the right depicts the Madonna of the People, and the painting behind the main altar portrays the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Saint Bonaventure.

5°C
Overcast clouds
19-04-2024 04:06
Our sponsors
Hey! c'è un posto libero qui!

Vuoi sponsorizzare la tua attività sul nostro sito? Contattaci!

Patronage of the Municipality of Bagnoregio
Partnership with
Follow Us

Copyright © Civita di Bagnoregio. All Rights Reserved. Privacy policy

Designed by GoTo Develop